Squirrel

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside

Re: Squirrel

Postby Butterfly » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Jacksparrow wrote:
Butterfly wrote:I'm getting fed up with this squirrel, it keeps raiding the feeders and jumping all over the place, scaring all the birds :weep:

You may need to withdraw the bird feeding for a while in the hope it will go elsewhere. They are very persistent while there is a food reward for their efforts. :(

I've been away for 2 weeks, so the food was not on offer for most of that time. It took a couple of days for the birds to realise that the feeding station is back in action. I really don't want to stop feeding them again, that would be so confusing for them :( . Bloody thing! :smack:
Butterfly

Postby Jacksparrow » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:53 pm

Butterfly wrote:
Jacksparrow wrote:
Butterfly wrote:I'm getting fed up with this squirrel, it keeps raiding the feeders and jumping all over the place, scaring all the birds :weep:

You may need to withdraw the bird feeding for a while in the hope it will go elsewhere. They are very persistent while there is a food reward for their efforts. :(

I've been away for 2 weeks, so the food was not on offer for most of that time. It took a couple of days for the birds to realise that the feeding station is back in action. I really don't want to stop feeding them again, that would be so confusing for them :( . Bloody thing! :smack:

I suspected you may say that. If the pesky squirrel is frightening the birds it won't be long before they look elsewhere. There is no easy answer.
Jacksparrow

Postby Butterfly » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:59 pm

I saw 2 young ones today in my garden!! :grumpy: . I watched them exploring, and they started coming towards my garden door, which is all glass, so they couldn't see me standing there watching because of the reflection. So I waited for them to come really close .... and than I opened the door with as much noise as I could master and I jumped out! They almost had a heart attack :rofl: . Totally freaked out and run away with a speed of light :nod:
But you are right Jack, the birds might decide its too much hassle dealing with a pesky squirrel and go elsewhere :( . I will wait though, and try and discourage the squirrel first, and if that fails I will take food away from them and possibly buy a pellet gun and shoot them :smack:
Butterfly

Postby Butterfly » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:41 pm

I'm exaggerating of course, I couldn't shoot/harm any animal :)
Butterfly

Previous

Return to Other Animals and Insects