Squirrel

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Jacksparrow

Re: Squirrel

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Look on the bright side you may end up with a new tree free of charge when it forgets where things are buried.

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:24 am

Toady I learn that red squirrels have double-jointed ankles which is why they can go down a tree trunk head first.
An invaluable skill I always found.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:45 pm

:tree: :) :D :laugh: :unsure: :rofl:
:drill:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:57 pm

Placido wrote:Toady I learn that red squirrels have double-jointed ankles which is why they can go down a tree trunk head first.
That's nuffin! when I were a lad I came down a tree head first several times. The rate of descent wasn't always under my control but I'm bigger than a pesky little Squirrel. :nod:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:35 pm

:rofl:

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:41 pm

Jacksparrow wrote:
Placido wrote:Toady I learn that red squirrels have double-jointed ankles which is why they can go down a tree trunk head first.
That's nuffin! when I were a lad I came down a tree head first several times. The rate of descent wasn't always under my control but I'm bigger than a pesky little Squirrel. :nod:
Ah yes, but you weren't wearing the kilt, were you ??
(That's why George the Twooth banned it. You can see why, really.)

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Placido wrote:
Jacksparrow wrote:
Ah yes, but you weren't wearing the kilt, were you ??
(That's why George the Twooth banned it. You can see why, really.)
No Kilt but I was going commando under my short trousers(too much information?) My village was very traditional but George the Twooth's edicts had been kicked into touch by the time I arrived. Victoria wouldn't have been amused though :shake:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:20 pm

Coming back from a walk today, walking along my street a squirrel was running across the road and went under my hedge. Got to my steps a bit sharpish but could not see it. Only the second time I have ever seen a squirrel in my street. Must be slim pickings down the woods.

Placido

Post by Placido » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:41 pm

Had (another) one on my patio this afternoon, digging a hole and planting winter tasties in a trough.
Think maybe Willpar, they're planting right now and that's why you saw one. They disperse their 'food map'.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:50 pm

There was a very interest segment on Countyfile last Sunday on Squirrels(Grey and Red). Well worth a look if you didn't see it. It'll be on BBC I-player for about a week.