WHAT ELSE I SAW TODAY

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Placido

Re: WHAT ELSE I SAW TODAY

Post by Placido » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:52 am

I believe it :nod:. In this strange weather I'd believe anything :shrug:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:55 pm

A mouse just scampered past me in the garden :mouse:
Oh! another, smaller one just took the same route: through the roses :rose: :rose: :mouse: :rose: :rose: across to the front of some pots and into the back of the lavender :D

Placido

Post by Placido » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:40 am

Clapclapclap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brilliant, Nuthatch. What a wonderful encounter :clap:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:00 pm

In a similar vein I have discovered what looks like a mousehole on my rockery. No sign of a resident so far :shake: :mouse:

Placido

Post by Placido » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:37 am

I would pay to have a mousehole in my rockery ..... if I had a rockery :shrug:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:51 pm

Placido wrote:I would pay to have a mousehole in my rockery ..... if I had a rockery :shrug:
Get a man in and get one built. A rockery not a mousehole. :nod:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:40 pm

A mouse just dashed past me again :mouse: :D

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:53 pm

This morning whilst idly fashioning a new spurtle, for best, I heard that horrible thump when a bird hits a window. Tracked it down to the front bedroom window where the blood was trickling down the glass, armed myself with a plastic bag, gloves and a wet cloth and sallied forth to do the necessary cleaning up.
No bird on the ground, in fact absolutely nothing on the ground, just the watery trickle which looked more like raspberry juice than anything. Wiped it away and looked around again, nothing.

Now, either a bird with dark, diluted blood had made off, bloody but unbowed, or someone had thrown a large raspberry at my window. I can't make my mind up ...... :scratch:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Placido wrote:This morning whilst idly fashioning a new spurtle, for best, I heard that horrible thump when a bird hits a window. Tracked it down to the front bedroom window where the blood was trickling down the glass, armed myself with a plastic bag, gloves and a wet cloth and sallied forth to do the necessary cleaning up.
No bird on the ground, in fact absolutely nothing on the ground, just the watery trickle which looked more like raspberry juice than anything. Wiped it away and looked around again, nothing.

Now, either a bird with dark, diluted blood had made off, bloody but unbowed, or someone had thrown a large raspberry at my window. I can't make my mind up ...... :scratch:
May I offer a third scenario for your consideration? My local birds have for the last week or two been pillaging someones Blackcurrant crop. I know this from the colour of the CCs, but I digress, my theory is that the bird that struck your window had a beakful of some dark fruit and it was the juice from this that stained your window. The slightly stunned but otherwise healthy bird quickly recovered and made off to refill it's beak and leave yourself with the mess but no culprit.

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Placido wrote:This morning whilst idly fashioning a new spurtle, for best, I heard that horrible thump when a bird hits a window. Tracked it down to the front bedroom window where the blood was trickling down the glass, armed myself with a plastic bag, gloves and a wet cloth and sallied forth to do the necessary cleaning up.

:rofl: :rofl2: