FOX HUNTING

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Placido

FOX HUNTING

Post by Placido » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:03 pm

I understand there will be a move afoot to reinstate fox hunting after 7/5/15.

Biker

Re: FOX HUNTING

Post by Biker » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:15 am

There have been various attempts to do this over the last four years. Presumably this is one last ditch attempt before the election?

Placido

Post by Placido » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:36 pm

I think it's set for after the election. A sure-fire vote winner ?!?!?
Depends on the makeup of the next Coalition ....... :shrug:

Biker

Post by Biker » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:43 pm

Is being written into the Conservative manifesto now for implementation after the election (on a free vote basis), but many right wing Tory/Countryside Alliance members are lobbying for an earlier vote.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:40 pm

The truth of the matter is that the hunting of foxes with hounds has never stopped since the law banning it was passed in the House of Commons. Yes, it has made certain aspects of it trickier but there are ways and means. If I were a hunt person (I'm definitely not) my gut feeling would be to leave things as they are. The current legislation is riddled with loopholes and poorly worded making policing all but impossible. If the politicians get there hands on it again they(the hunters) might just end up the victims of unforeseen consequences .
My part of the south midlands has a good deal of support for hunting and quite a few jobs are dependant upon it but the majority take little or no interest in the goings on which pass almost totally unnoticed.