Squirrel

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Jacksparrow

Re: Squirrel

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun May 31, 2020 8:41 pm

Placido wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:57 am
First squirrel of the season :(
A young one but made a beeline for the feeder cage as soon as breakfast was served. Here we go .... :rolleyes:
Get the scary stick out and teach the youngster a lesson before he gets comfortable :wife: :squirrel: :smack:

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:15 am

It's true - a lesson must be taught (fat lot of good it's done in previous years :rolleyes:)

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:17 pm

I'm getting a frequent visit from a squirrel but most of the time it is leaving the bird food for the birds. Although I haven't seen it eating anything else I think is must be pillaging my hazel nut tree. This is fine by me as usually many of them drop from the tree and I never to be found. The few I do retrieve are off the lawn and if I'm honest are not particularly tasty.

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:32 am

Ah yes, the remodelling of the back lawn is about to begin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haven't seen a squirrel for ages but I'll be ready for 'em.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:58 am

I make my garden, and food in it, available for all wildlife. Unfortunately, my property is in an awkward place, where you have to cross a very busy road, so the squirrels and hedghogs have problems reaching it, without being run over :( . I think a squirrel tried, but ended up dead. RIP :(

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:41 pm

Butterfly wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:58 am
I make my garden, and food in it, available for all wildlife. Unfortunately, my property is in an awkward place, where you have to cross a very busy road, so the squirrels and hedghogs have problems reaching it, without being run over :( . I think a squirrel tried, but ended up dead. RIP :(
That's very sad but finding a home where there isn't traffic zooming past is not easy nowadays. A cul-de-sac is your best bet or if the lottery pays out an house standing in it's own grounds up a private drive. Good luck with next week's numbers :)