CATS

All the other creepy crawlies and animals that interact with your garden and the countryside
Jacksparrow

Re: CATS

Post by Jacksparrow » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:15 pm

Placido wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:24 pm
Looked out this evening (5 pm) at the darkened back garden and could discern a blacker shape than the surroundings sitting in the centre of the lawn. I think it was a large cat but obviously no colour was showing, and it seemed to be facing the feeder cage, about 6 - 7 ft away. It was right away from any hiding place, very conspicuous, and very still.
Watched it for about 2 mins, trying to see what it actually was and what it was doing :shrug:.
Fetched the torch and it had gone :(.
If it was a fox it was a small one, if it was a cat it was large.
It was quite puzzling and a little bit spooky. Very odd .......
Escaped Puma probably :cat2:

Placido

Post by Placido » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:11 am

I hope it was, Jacksparrow. I hope the rat hasn't come back :eek:.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:15 pm

As I was walking away from my house today, I looked back and saw a neighbour's cat on the fence, clearly stalking the feeders :grumpy: :cat: . We have a problem, scary sticks are out :wife:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:44 pm

Butterfly wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:15 pm
As I was walking away from my house today, I looked back and saw a neighbour's cat on the fence, clearly stalking the feeders :grumpy: :cat: . We have a problem, scary sticks are out :wife:
If the scary stick is not handy waving your arms and hissing loudly often works. You must make it clear that garden visits in the daytime are permitted.