TREES

The place for plant tips and queries
Placido

Re: TREES

Post by Placido » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:45 pm

They're pruning it and not actually chopping it down, Joomoo ?

JooMoo
Site Admin

Post by JooMoo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:58 pm

I got the impression it all had to go.
But only the one tree, the other one can stay.
I like reading

greenfinch2

Post by greenfinch2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:29 am

Maybe Lopping it they love to do that here.

Placido

Post by Placido » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Oh bad luck.
I hate it when a tree goes :(

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Sorry to hear that JooMoo :hug2:

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:18 pm

I was out and about a little today(gave my carer the slip :bolt: ) and noticed that the Blackthorn is coming into blossom. A good harbinger for spring :nod:

nuthatch

Post by nuthatch » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:06 am

:woohoo: :flower:

Placido

Post by Placido » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Sorry for the time-lag - the blackthorn round us is all out and has been for a fortnite. Isn't Nature strange ?? :unsure:

JooMoo
Site Admin

Post by JooMoo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Oh dear, I've upset the neighbour.
I had a bloke come round 2 weeks ago to reduce all my trees in my garden.
Next door has a massive bay tree just their side of the fence that blocks out most of the light in one part of my garden and she's usually been good about me chopping bits off overhanging. So I asked my guy if he'd do something. I went round the neighbour's house (they are on the next street) and asked if I could have a good go. I could see they were just sitting down to eat, so the conversation was short. I asked could I have a good go at it and she said (and I quote) "do what you want". I tried to ask about if my guy could come to their garden to attack it, but she said they couldn't get to it as there's a pond in the way and it wasn't supposed to be that big.

Yesterday, my bloke did as much as he could do from my side. I asked if he'd seen the neighbours at all and he said no.
This evening she came round and said she was totally not happy, that was not what was agreed, she only expected me to trim a little of the sides and reduce the height and now all she can see is a red wall. I spluttered "but you said I could do what I wanted and it will grow back". And then she walked off.

I don't like upsetting the neighbours. They'll probably be upset when we spend 3 hours on Saturday putting it all through the chipper as there's an awful load of branches in my garden. At least it will be sunny there.
IMG_0527.JPG
IMG_0556.JPG
I like reading

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Sometimes it comes as a bit of a shock to people when they see a tree that has had a good cut back. At that stage the end result which will probably be pleasing to the eye can't be imagined. I suppose what it boils down to now the dye has been cast it matters not whether they approve or not as you're all stuck with it. It is my feeling that given time they(the back neighbours) will settle down when they realise there is no going back and they remember they gave you carte blanche before you started.