Search found 684 matches
- Mon Dec 29, 2025 5:58 pm
- Forum: Site Information and Help
- Topic: Sorry for the downtime - all good now
- Replies: 6
- Views: 315
Re: Sorry for the downtime - all good now
I've updated the site and fixed the email (hurrah!).
- Sat Dec 27, 2025 12:14 pm
- Forum: Site Information and Help
- Topic: Sorry for the downtime - all good now
- Replies: 6
- Views: 315
Sorry for the downtime - all good now
Hi All,
I've been away over Christmas and we ran out of server space.
All fixed now.
I've paid for an upgrade and we have 20x more space than we had before so we should be future proofed for a good while.
Over the next day or two I'm going to do an upgrade and see if I can fix a couple of things ...
I've been away over Christmas and we ran out of server space.
All fixed now.
I've paid for an upgrade and we have 20x more space than we had before so we should be future proofed for a good while.
Over the next day or two I'm going to do an upgrade and see if I can fix a couple of things ...
- Sat Nov 08, 2025 1:17 pm
- Forum: Site Information and Help
- Topic: Board Index - New Topics cut too short
- Replies: 9
- Views: 250
Re: Board Index - New Topics cut too short
Sorry, only just spotted this.
The new posts page shows anything new since you last visited.
I've never fully understood active topics but I think it's anything in the last 7 days regardless of whether you visited or not.
The new posts page shows anything new since you last visited.
I've never fully understood active topics but I think it's anything in the last 7 days regardless of whether you visited or not.
- Fri Oct 10, 2025 1:43 pm
- Forum: Photos and Video
- Topic: Imgur.com no longer working?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 625
Re: Imgur.com no longer working?
Sorry for the late reply I've been having a couple of weeks off.
Imgur unfortunately have blocked the UK, I think due to the online safety act. It's affected a lot of UK based forums I read.
Luckily, imgbb still works fine as an alternative.
Imgur unfortunately have blocked the UK, I think due to the online safety act. It's affected a lot of UK based forums I read.
Luckily, imgbb still works fine as an alternative.
- Mon Jun 16, 2025 7:41 pm
- Forum: Other Animals and Insects
- Topic: Hoverflies
- Replies: 7
- Views: 46073
- Mon Jun 16, 2025 7:37 pm
- Forum: Other Animals and Insects
- Topic: Hoverflies
- Replies: 7
- Views: 46073
Re: Hoverflies
I took this one at Alveston Manor, Derbyshire.
It was about 10-15ft directly above me in the sunlight

It was about 10-15ft directly above me in the sunlight

- Sat Jun 07, 2025 7:29 pm
- Forum: Site Information and Help
- Topic: How to use IMGUR to host pictures
- Replies: 9
- Views: 281
How to use IMGUR to host pictures
Imgur is a free picture hosting site. You don't need to sign up for an account unless you want to keep track of every image. They stay accessible forever. If there are no views of a picture for 6 months however, it will be deleted.
Go to the site and then simply drag your picture to anywhere on ...
Go to the site and then simply drag your picture to anywhere on ...
- Thu Jun 05, 2025 8:39 pm
- Forum: Site Information and Help
- Topic: Board attachment quota has Benn reached.
- Replies: 13
- Views: 417
Re: Board attachment quota has Benn reached.
Happy to do that. I'll have some time over the weekend.Germain wrote: Thu Jun 05, 2025 11:42 am I might need a step by step guide on how to do that - the other question is do you get flooded with ads with imgur ?
You don't need to sign up to it at all so no ads, no spam etc.
- Wed Jun 04, 2025 9:23 pm
- Forum: Site Information and Help
- Topic: Board attachment quota has Benn reached.
- Replies: 13
- Views: 417
Re: Board attachment quota has Benn reached.
I certainly don't want people to stop showing their pictures. But server space costs money. If everyone attached hundreds of pictures we wouldn't survive. If they're simply uploaded to another site and linked, it costs us nothing. Every forum is like that, even the RSPB one.
One thing you can do if ...
One thing you can do if ...
- Wed Jun 04, 2025 7:04 pm
- Forum: Site Information and Help
- Topic: Board attachment quota has Benn reached.
- Replies: 13
- Views: 417
Re: Board attachment quota has Benn reached.
We're VERY close to our server limits.
We're running at 90+% on server space but there is 50mb of headroom on the attachment quota which is a reasonable amount. It's been 350Mb total for several years.
I'll up it a little bit and remove some of the oldest ones on the list.
I tend to use an image ...
We're running at 90+% on server space but there is 50mb of headroom on the attachment quota which is a reasonable amount. It's been 350Mb total for several years.
I'll up it a little bit and remove some of the oldest ones on the list.
I tend to use an image ...
